The advantages over conventional MAG/HF welding are of decisive importance.
The complete connection between the fins and the base tube brings about excellent heat transfer and up to 2.5 times higher thermal performance of the finned tubes.
The continuous weld prevents notch effects and v Corrosion and the formation of cracks are hence avoided also in the case of possibly oscillating finned tubes.
The low base metal heating during welding and the high speed of travel of up to 20m/min. minimise the heat-affected zone in the base tube. Complete melting of the tube and a related metallurgical transformation of the parent metals are hence excluded.Description
· thin, continuous weId seam
· small heat-affected zone
· only slight discolouration weld site
· only slight microstructural change in tube and fin
· high utilization of heat for forming the seam
· increased safety because of the avoidance of crevice corrosion due to the high weld integrity between tube and fin
· no impurity of the weld seam, as the Laser-welding is carried out under a protective atmosphereMaterial combinations
|Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
· Tube outside diameter 8.0-50.0 mm
· Fin outside diameter 17.0 -80.0 mm
· Fin pitch 5 -13 fin/inch
· Fin height 5.0 -17 mm
· Fin thickness 0.4 - 1.0 mm
· Maximum tube lengths 12.0 mApplication Power Plants
· Cooling towers or cooling water recooling plants with dry, dry / wet or wet operation
· Flue gas cooling and heating in flue gas desulfurisation scrubbers (FGD) and nitrogen removing plants (DENOX) Chemical Industry
· Heat exchangers of all kinds for cooling and heating of liquids and gases
· Heat exchangers tor nitric acid (HNO3) plants, e.g. for the fertilizer industry Heat Recovery Plants
· Flue gas coolers Heating Industry
· Primary heat exchangers in gas heating boilers
· Secondary heat exchangers for domestic water heating in condensing boilers General Engineering
· Heat exchangers for gas cooling of industrial furnaces
· Heat exchangers for tank heating
· Oil coolers for vacuum plants, ship plants, pumps etc.
· Heat exchangers for oil preheating